Ultra Grey Rigid High Torque RTV Silicone Gasket Maker - 13oz
OEM specified. Permatex® Ultra silicones were developed to meet technology changes. Sensor-safe, low odor, noncorrosive. Outstanding oil resistance and joint movement tolerance. Eight times more flexible than cork/composite gaskets; three times more oil resistant than conventional silicones. Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids and vibration.
- Automobile - Suggested Applications: Valve covers, oil pans, automatic transmission pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- Heavy Duty - Suggested Applications: Cover housing gasket, differential, assembly to rear axle housing, power dividers, axle shaft flanges
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent such as Permatex® Brake & Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size. Gaskets are best formed using a 1/16″ to 1/4″ (1.6 mm to 6.4 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous, even bead of silicone to one surface, surrounding all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet. Finger tighten until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour, then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- Silicone will skin over in one hour and fully cure in 24 hours, under normal conditions. Allow more time for cold or very dry conditions.
- Clean uncured silicone from hands, tools and clothing with Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or on parts in contact with gasoline.